Lester Farm & Market
Sam Lester, Jr., was born and raised on a farm on the East End of Long Island, New York, where he and his family raised potatoes, sweet corn, cauliflower, cabbage, and strawberries. Sam and Maura bought their 28-acre farm in 2005.
We believe in being good stewards of the land and in preserving our agricultural spaces and scenic beauty. We use only certified organic fertilizers and organic methods for pest control. Our weed control is done the old-fashioned way: we remove the weeds; we don't use herbicides.
Our machinery and equipment are meticulously cleaned and maintained. This not only extends the life of the equipment but also will reveal a problem when it is small - before it becomes a major mechanical problem or the source of soil contamination.
We are members of:
ACORN (Addison County Relocalization Network)
CNG (Certified Naturally Grown)
Vermont Farms! Association
Our vegetable plants are started by Vermont Offseason Organics
- Growing 24 different varieties of tomatoes
- A selection of summer and winter squashes
- Producing our own tomato puree and pickles
- Pumpkins, cantaloupes, honeydews and watermelons
- Selling other local Vermont products--honey, syrup, preserves