NETWORKING MIXER GUIDELINES
Thank you for your interest in hosting a Mixer with us. Mixers give you an opportunity to showcase your business and provide a fun environment for the community to connect, make new friends and learn more about our local business community!
- Promotion of Your Mixer: We create a Chamber Event on Facebook and on our website and send information through our e-magazine and email blasts to the Chamber Member community.
- The Chamber hosts a Mix to Win Chamber Cash Raffle. All representatives of a Chamber Member who attends the mixer gets their name entered. One name is drawn and that person gets town based cash of their choice (Bristol Bucks, Middlebury Money, Vergennes Green).
- The Chamber will provide an anticipated headcount 48 hours prior.
- The Chamber will provide its own registration table and Chamber staff will register all attendees.
- The Chamber will provide door prize tickets and name badges for registrants.
- Adequate/safe parking for guests: Please consider where guests will park, especially if parking is limited.
- Door Prizes for guests: We recommend that the mixer host provides 2-3 items to be given as door prizes during the mixer. These door prizes can be from your business or can be collected from other businesses and can be of whatever value you desire.
- Liability Insurance: Host provides certificate of insurance to Chamber naming the Addison County Chamber of Commerce as an additional insured, with a minimum of $1 million business liability. This covers us both from any liabilities.
- Promoting Your Mixer: Help us advertise the event by inviting company staff and posting the event to your website, accepting our co-host invite on the Facebook event we create. Then share it to your Facebook page, etc.
- Appetizers: Food choice is at the discretion of the host. Please plan on approximately 30-50 guests. You may choose to provide hors d’oeuvres made by you and your staff or you may choose to have your event catered. We just ask that you use caterers that are Chamber members. Please review our Member Directory for a list of members.
- Beverage service: Be sure to provide at least one type of non-alcoholic beverage. You may provide alcohol as part of the beverage service but it is not mandatory. It is recommended you hire a licensed caterer if alcohol is served, or that you find out all legal issues from the Secretary of State’s office if you choose to provide your own alcohol. (Many members who host mixers provide alcohol via a cash bar)
- We’ll ask you to provide a brief presentation about your business and services.
- Optional: Offer attendees a tour of your facility so they can learn more about you and your business.
BENEFITS OF HOSTING
- Personalized Business Promotion: We promote Networking Mixers to Chamber Membership. Your information and logo are included on all promotional materials.
- Community Enrichment: Mixers create a venue for business promotion and networking.
MIXER SCHEDULE & REQUEST
- After Hours Networking Mixers are generally held on the third Thursday of every month, from 5:30 – 7:00 PM.
- Can't do an evening mixer, we also like to have one morning mixer a quarter.
- If hosting a mixer is not in the cards for you, but you'd still like to get your business in front of our members, then consider becoming a mixer sponsor or co‐hosting with another Chamber Member. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Requests to host a Networking Mixer may be made by completing the Mixer Host Request Form, at right.