Benefits of being a Member of the Chamber
It’s all about choice…and improved membership benefits.
Becoming a member of a Chamber of Commerce is as much about what you can do for your community as what the Chamber can do for you.
We work hard to provide our members with networking, marketing, educational and other services. But membership dues also allow us to support the efforts of non-profit organizations, host community events to draw people into our downtowns, and be the trusted source of information for those visiting or looking to move into our area.
Consider joining the Chamber to be a part of these efforts while strengthening your own organization and developing your employees.
Click on the buttons at the left to learn more about each membership benefit level.
Ways to Join the Addison County Chamber
- Complete the online application linked at the left.
- Schedule a meeting with us: call 802-388-7951 or email Phil Summers, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. By learning about your business needs and goals, we can better assist you in matching the membership level that best fits with your company.
Highlights of Membership in the Addison County Chamber
- Employee Education – we host monthly seminars on topics including social media, Google Analytics, SEO, employee benefits plans, ownership succession, worker’s comp, cybersecurity and much more. All member employees attend at no charge.
- Access to Insurance – through our partnership with other Vermont Chambers and VACEplus, we offer excellent dental and vision insurance at discounted prices.
- Events – we help draw customers to our area through downtown festivals, athletic events, specialty events and sponsorship of other organization’s events.
- Tourism – we run a Visitor’s Center which houses maps, brochures and information to direct tourists and locals to our businesses, non-profits, historical sites, and the vast natural resources of our county. We also refer our members extensively.
- Business Advocacy – we provide legislative updates for our members during the session, sponsor the Addison County legislative breakfasts, host legislative and gubernatorial candidate forums, and speak up for businesses.
- Marketing – with more than 50,000 visitors to our website annually, we provide members with a strong presence in search, plus a place to post events, member discounts and job openings. We also promote our members through our monthly e-magazine, and through discounted advertising opportunities in the Addison County Guide and through our website.
- Networking – we help organizations connect through our monthly mixers, seminars, referrals, and introductions.