Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are a special way to mark your business milestones!
Rather it’s a Grand Opening, new ownership, a major re-model and grand re-opening, or a special business anniversary. A Ribbon Cutting is a way to market what’s new for your business. The Addison County Chamber of Commerce is happy to partner with our member businesses and assist you with your Ribbon Cutting event.
There is no charge for a ribbon cutting ceremony; it is a benefit of being a Chamber member. The ribbon cutting you schedule is YOUR event and there are no set rules on what to do.
Thinking of having a Ribbon Cutting? Here is what you should know:
- The Chamber provides the ribbon and the BIG scissors.
- The Chamber will invite our Board of Directors, Town officials and membership but cannot guarantee attendance. We encourage you to invite your family, friends, customers, and clients.
- A Ribbon Cutting is a great reason to celebrate! The Chamber assists with the actual Ribbon Cutting ceremony, but we encourage you to turn your event into a special celebration such as a reception, lunch, or party.
- We will take pictures. However, we are not professional photographers! If you want a professional photo, please consider hiring a photographer to attend.
- We ask that you schedule your Ribbon Cutting at least 2 weeks in advance. This gives us ample time to market the event.
- Ribbon cuttings can be scheduled Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. We have found that Tuesday and Thursday evenings or lunchtime have the best attendance.
- Schedule your event using our reservation form. Also, we ask you to please take a moment to cross-check your preferred date and time of celebration with the Addison County Chamber’s events calendar to prevent scheduling conflicts with Chamber events.
- We will market your Ribbon Cutting on social media, in our e-magazine with your logo and also on our online event calendar. After the Ribbon Cutting we will share a photo of the ceremony on Facebook and again in our e-magazine, "Around the Chamber".