Become a Chamber Member
The Addison County Chamber of Commerce works to enhance the economic vitality of Addison County. The primary reason to be involved with us is to become a part of an effective network. Your business will benefit because of the contacts you make and the exposure your business receives. We exist to do the things you can’t do as well on your own. We keep you up to date on critical information and give you a voice on issues and business regulation. We also market the area as a great place to work‚ live and to visit.
Chamber membership helps give your business credibility. A recent study commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives found that:
When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce‚ they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
Additional benefit is received through active participation. Attending membership meetings and mixers is another way to get involved. Take advantage of our educational workshops and seminars. Use us as an information resource for business education and training. We are in the business of helping your business succeed. If we don't know the answer, we'll find it for you!
Addison County Chamber members receive the following benefits with their membership:
- Member-to-Member Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Print Marketing
- Direct-to-Tourist Marketing
- Insurance Programs
Download a list of benefits or continue reading below.
- Network with your fellow chamber members at our monthly mixers.
- Partner with fellow Addison County businesses to promote your community from within.
- Display a membership decal on your door or window demonstrating your commitment to our region.
- Host a monthly mixer directly showcasing your business.
- Promote your business by donating gift certificates and products to be used as prizes for events including mixers, annual golf tournament, and the annual meeting.
- Regional representation with the Vermont Association of Chamber Executives, Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing and New England Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives.
- Website featuring enhanced methods for searching individual businesses—by company name, category or keyword search. Updated regularly. Site receives 2,000+ hits weekly during peak seasons.
- Free listing on AddisonCounty.com in two business categories. Additional category listings are available for a small fee.
- Create, update and control the content of your individual web page—includes space for description, photos and videos. Searchable database for visitors to find you via keywords.
- Statistics reports for traffic to your individual page
- Advertise in any Chamber publication: Addison County Area Guide (35,000 copies), Membership Directory & Community Profile (600 copies), and Vergennes City Guide (10,000 copies)
- Display your organization’s brochure, business cards and other marketing materials at the Chamber office/Visitor Information Center.
- Fully staffed Visitor Center to provide referrals.
- High-profile display of your brochures, special promotions, and business cards in our Visitor Information Center
- Addison County Area Guide is distributed to most state highway information and welcome centers, and businesses around the county.
- Publicize your events through press releases and ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- Promote your event on our website events calendar and in our lobby brochure racks.
- Dental Insurance through Northeast Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance through VSP
- Group Accident Insurance through Colonial Life
- Chamber members are eligible to receive discounts on Constant Contact accounts.
- You can save 20% if you prepay for 6 months.>
- You can save 25% if you prepay for 12 months. That's a 10% deeper discount than what is available to regular customers.
- If you already have a Constant Contact account, please contact us.
- If you're a new customer, sign up here for a Constant Contact account.
- Incentive discount off yearly dues for referring new members.
- Member-to-Member discounts and offers
Chamber membership investment is considered an ordinary and necessary business deduction! This means net investment is almost ZERO.