- Non-Profit & Civic Organizations
Every day of the year, Vermonters need to find essential community or government services, an after-school program, a food shelf, or assistance with caring for an aging parent. Often those facing these challenges don’t know where to turn for help. The solution is to dial 2-1-1. When you dial 2-1-1, you receive person-to-person assistance by highly trained Information & Referral Specialists, who listen and assess each caller’s situation. Using the 2-1-1 database, and their knowledge of statewide and local resources, they can help callers navigate through the complex human service delivery system - or simply answer a question. An easy-to-remember number, a confidential conversation, and a helpful start to finding a solution, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To reach Beth Diamond, Regional Resource Specialist, with questions about your organization’s listing in the 2-1-1 database, dial 802-861-0146 ext. 219.
- Statewide, confidential information and referral service
- Person-to-person assistance
- Extensive knowledge of community resources
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A program of the United Ways of Vermont