NAMI Connection Peer Support Group Facilitator Training
Help establish a new support group in your area if it is under-served with a team of 3+ new facilitators and to sustain the groups that already take place. NAMI Connection facilitators are trained leaders who facilitate 90-minute Recovery Support Group meetings. Facilitators play an important role in ensuring that all participants feel welcomed and supported. NAMI facilitators are uniquely qualified to lead support groups because they have gone through their own recovery process. They empathize with, and encourage those who may be just beginning the journey.
Who Should Train: Individuals who have personal experience with mental health challenges and have reached a comfortable place in recovery. Participants should attend at least one Connection Support Group meeting and agree to adhere to the NAMI Connection Support Group model. Facilitating these groups requires patience, hard work, and dedication–but it is definitely worth it!
Application & Training Process:
- Complete online registration
- Receive emailed application; complete & return
- Attend at least one Connection Support Group (if you’ve never attended before)
- Become a member of NAMI Vermont
- Meet w/ Connection Training Representative
- (Upon approval) Receive materials & supplies for training
- Participate June 4-6th on Zoom! To learn more visit: https://namivt.org/education-teacher-facilitator-training/