Educational Series: Talkin' Bout My/Our Generation
Date and Time
Tuesday Mar 21, 2023
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM EDT
Virtually via Zoom
- You must register in advance to attend.
- Zoom meeting link will be emailed to registrants separately
Free and open exclusively to members of the Chamber & ACEDC.
There are many challenges employers are facing with the current workforce situation in Vermont, not the least of which is a shifting generation dynamic where older (Baby Boomers) are leaving the workforce in big numbers while a new generation (Gen Z) is making their entrance. In this fast-paced session, we will cover:
- The current demographics of our Vermont workforce and projections for the next 10-20 years. (Spoiler alert: the pool is getting smaller!)
- What the common themes/attributes are of each generation in the workforce AND some debunking of them, as well.
- Dealing with generational differences – how to continue to be open-minded and considerate in a world where we do need to deal with rules, laws, procedures, etc.
- Being proactive rather than reactive when stress and challenges of different generations come our way.
The Richards GroupRoss Gibson is leadership and organizational development consultant/facilitator. As the Chief of Operations, Employee Benefits Practice at The Richards Group (TRG), based in Brattleboro, Vermont, Ross works with organizations to help develop positive leadership growth. Ross also leads several teams within the Employee Benefits Practice at TRG. Ross has close to 40 years of experience in Human Resources and Leadership Development. Ross has a BA in Social Psychology from Tufts University and an MA in Management from Brandeis University. Ross is active in several local and regional Human Resources and training organizations. He is currently on the Board of the Governor’s Institute of Vermont (GIV) and is the immediate past Director of the Vermont State Council of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
This members-only webinar series is co-sponsored by the Addison County Chamber of Commerce and Addison County Economic Development Corporation. Seminars are open exclusively to members of the Chamber and the ACEDC. Guests of members will be considered based upon availability and individual non-member guests may only attend (1) one webinar per calendar year.