The UVM Health Network/Porter Medical Center has announced that Seleem Choudhury DNP, MBA, RN, CEN, FAEN will be its new President/Chief Operating Officer as of June 1.
Choudhury, who began his career as a nurse with the National Health Service in England, holds a Doctorate of Nursing Practice from the University of Vermont and an MBA degree from the University of Phoenix. His 30-year career in health care includes clinical and administrative roles in various organizations including Ronald Regan Memorial Hospital (UCLA), University of Virginia Medical Center, Parker Adventist Hospital, Denver Medical Center and currently at Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital as their Vice President for Professional Services. He also currently serves as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Vermont teaching both nursing and non-nursing students leadership, management theory and management of complex organizations and other health care related topics.
Choudhury is an international clinical operational executive with a demonstrated record of exceeding clinical and financial metrics and for developing talented leaders and redeveloping service lines in Academic Hospitals and Health Systems & Community Settings.
- University of Vermont DNP Doctorate of Nursing Practice, USA
- University of Phoenix MBA Master of Business, USA
- University of Phoenix MSN Master of Nursing, USA
- Florence Nightingale School of Nursing RN Registered Nurse, United Kingdom
- Middlesex University Nursing School BSN Bachelor of Nursing, United Kingdom
- Continuum Health Partner’s Emerging leader of the year (2004)
- Centura Health Leader Award (2009)
- Denver Health Leader of the Year (2013)
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) (Exp.2018)
- Fellow of the Academy of Emergency Nursing (2014)
- Emergency Nurses Association Leadership Award (2015 & 2017)
- Rotary International – I also serve on the Rotary Board as a director responsible for community service projects
- Chair of the Economic Restructuring Committee – leading and developing a thorough understanding of the district’s economic condition and a tactical five to ten-year plan to obtain large-scale private investment.
- Board of Director Rural Edge – Board position of Vice chair, a regional housing non-profit organization, committed to breaking the cycle of poverty in our communities.
- Board of Director of local School - Serve as a link between the school system and the public
- Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) National and State
- Vermont Government Affairs 2013- present day – provide leadership to Vermont Emergency nurses in State and National health policy
- National Chair and Board of the ENA Foundation 2009-2015
- Inducted into the Academy of Emergency Nurses
- Trauma instructor – Increasing the knowledge and management of trauma care for all clinicians.
- U.S. Soccer Federation Referee – Certified soccer referee VT, NH & MA
Intimately familiar with the Vermont’s political, regulatory and health environment, Choudhury is experienced with strategic planning in complex multi-entity environs and cultures, alignment and integration, within integrated delivery systems. He is passionate about advancing quality and safety while improving the customer experience and excels at managing complex Boards, Physicians and political and business relationships.