Campus Monitor (hiring for 5 positions)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrols assigned areas and remain alert for disturbances, safety hazards, traffic violators, suspicious acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions.
- Enforces all authorized laws, rules, and regulations.
- Performs building security and safety checks.
- Assists staff in quelling disturbances.
- Receives complaints and makes appropriate preliminary investigations.
- Ensures the physical security of buildings and property.
- Performs parking and traffic control duties.
- Enforces center pass policy.
- Provides escort service as directed.
- Assists the center in every effort necessary to achieve its OMS goals, as well as ensuring that the Zero Tolerance Policy is strictly adhered to.
- Promotes a positive work environment demonstrating career success standards and core values.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Knowledge of law enforcement procedures
- Basic knowledge of riot, crowd control procedures, and proven ability to appropriately intervene in physical altercations
- Excellent interpersonal, mediation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with large groups of students, including students with special needs
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as MSWord, Excel, and Outlook, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six months of experience in a security or work-related capacity preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must possess or obtain valid commercial Driver’s License Class B with passenger endorsement within three months of hire. Water Safety Certification.
- Reading, writing, and communicating fluently in English
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange information in person or over the telephone?
- Seeing to read labels, posters, documents, PC screens, etc.
- Sitting, standing, moving about, or walking for occasional or frequent periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, two-way radio, and other office equipment
- Kneeling, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching overhead
- Retrieving and storing files and supplies; occasionally carrying and/or lifting light objects
- Campus and general office setting
- The indoor and outdoor environment
- Driving a vehicle (bus, van, auto) occasionally in variable traffic and weather conditions
- Exposure to possible confrontations and fights
Status: Full time,Weekends,Night shift,Flexible hours,Part time,Varied shifts