License Practical Nurse (hiring for 2)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the medical examination of students.
- Screens patients and refers them to Center Physician, Dentist, Health and Wellness Manager, or Career Counselor.
- Observes, records and reports patient vital signs, symptoms, and behavior.
- Performs first aid treatment as needed.
- Assists the physician with the patient examination; prepares patients for tests and examinations.
- Provides guidance to students in matters of personal health and hygiene.
- Prepares and administers prescribed medications as directed.
- Maintains medical equipment and inventory of supplies and medications.
- Maintains accurate medical records.
- Provides input for case management of student health issues.
- Promotes projects that support health and safety throughout the Center.
- Oversees CMHC schedule.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing techniques and practices
- Knowledge of current state and federal laws regulating health care and patient privacy (HIPPA)
- Ability to effectively interact with students and staff
- Capacity to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent customer service skills; strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to carry out direction; strong decision-making skills
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as MSWord, Excel, and Outlook, etc.
- Must possess active State LPN License.
- One-year health care experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid certification
- Reading, writing and communicating fluently in English
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange information in person or over the telephone
- Seeing to read labels, posters, documents, PC screens, etc.
- Sitting, standing, moving about, or walking for occasional or frequent periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other medical equipment
- Kneeling, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching overhead
- Retrieving and storing files and supplies; occasionally carrying and/or lifting light objects
- School health care and general office setting
- Indoor and outdoor environment
- Handle hazardous materials/waste; exposure to blood and body fluids
- Exposure risk of illness
- On-call availability to attend emergencies as required
- May be required to occasionally work a flex schedule to include evenings and/or weekends
ETR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and herein reiterates its policy of equal opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, color, religion, marital status, political affiliation or belief, sex age, national origin, or veteran status.
- 401K after 3 month
- Competitive Salary
- 2 Weeks vacation within the first year!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefit Options
Status: Full time,Weekends