MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepares quantities of food according to the menu and number of students/employees, in accordance with local, state, and national food safety regulations.
- Assists in serving food.
- Adheres to all state guidelines concerning food safety and proper food handling procedures, and
- Cleans assigned areas.
- Cleans and maintains dining room and kitchen facilities.
- Operates dishwashing equipment.
- Cleans and checks service equipment.
- Assists in moving and storing supplies.
- Supervises and assists culinary art and work-based learning students in proper food preparation and storage.
- Assists in supervising leisure time employees and work-based learning.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation requirements in food preparation and storage.
- Knowledge of methods of preparing cooking and serving food
- Working knowledge of the uses of kitchen utensils and equipment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as MSWord, Excel, and Outlook, etc.
- Ability to read and write English fluently
- 3 months work-related experience preferred
- Must be ServSafe-certified or have the ability to be certified
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose an undue hardship on the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who,
with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
- Reading, writing, and communicating fluently in English
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange information in person or over the telephone
- Seeing to read labels, posters, documents, PC screens, etc.
- Sitting, standing, moving about, or walking for occasional or frequent periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, kitchen equipment, and utensils
- Kneeling, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching overhead
- Retrieving and storing files and supplies; occasionally carrying and/or lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Campus and cafeteria setting
- The indoor and outdoor environment
- Exposure to heat from ovens, burners, and steam trays; exposure to cleaning products, fumes, etc.
- Exposure to cutting and slicing equipment and machines with moving parts
- Exposure to high noise levels from kitchen equipment and students at mealtimes
- May be required to work a flex schedule to include evenings and/or weekends
- 401K after 3 month
- Competitive Salary
- 2 Weeks vacation within the first year!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefit Options
Status: Full time,Weekends,Flexible hours,Varied shifts