The Middlebury Area Land Trust (MALT) is located in Middlebury, VT and is a small, local land trust serving Addison County with over 34 years of conservation success. Over time, MALT has built intimate connections with the community by creating and protecting unparalleled access to recreation opportunities on over 1,600 acres of conserved lands. MALT’s Trail around Middlebury (TAM) is an exemplar of our grassroots conservation efforts. The 19-mile TAM is a textbook network of conserved lands, creating an “emerald necklace” around Middlebury. MALT has conserved a total of 3,700+ acres of land in Addison County while protecting the ecology, scenic viewsheds, agricultural heritage, and recreation opportunities of the area. In more recent years, MALT has grown to provide nature education and connection to nearly 300 annual youth program participants and an estimated 10,000 unique users of our 30-mile trail network.
The Education Manager will be an integral member of MALT’s small and dedicated team of staff, board members, and volunteers. They will directly connect our community with the lands and trails we protect. The Education Manager will:
- Align the work of MALT’s education programs with the goals, vision, and strategies of MALT’s current Strategic Plan;
- Lead the culture and delivery of MALT’s education programs including afterschool, vacation camps, summer camps, nature-based adult programs, and MALT member events;
- Manage MALT’s teaching team and oversee all teaching schedules, enrollment, program topics, advertising, and related communications;
- Be an active member of the teaching team while evaluating teaching staff, desired learning outcomes, and safety procedures, up to 50% of the position is delivering programs;
- Directly generate and increase revenue for the organization through managing current programs and developing new programs;
- Coordinate MALT’s membership program, focusing on engaging program participants and volunteers in our culture of philanthropy.
Status: Full time