Recreation Aide (Two F/T Positions Available)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and supervises on and off-center recreation activities for students.
- Assists in developing and implementing diverse programs to include: arts and crafts, intramurals, cultural events, and other recreational and enrichment programs.
- Guides students to make informed lifestyle choices concerning fitness, nutrition, and healthy lifestyles.
- Prepares schedules and calendars for all recreation activities. Coordinates student field trips.
- Maintains recreation facilities, equipment, and materials to Center standards.
- Tracks and records program attendance.
- Orders and maintains recreational equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Provides transportation of students to and from center-sponsored events.
- Recognizes and reinforces students’ positive behavior
- Proven ability to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate recreation programs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of operational practices and principles of recreation/avocation programs
- Proficient in rules and regulations of common sports and games
- Knowledge of fitness, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle practices
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Associates Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, or a related field or 1-year related experience
working with youth.
- One year of recreation experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must possess or obtain valid commercial Driver’s License Class B with passenger endorsement within six months of hire.
- Water Safety Certification.
- Reading, writing, and communicating fluently in English
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange information in person or over the telephone
- Seeing to read labels, posters, documents, PC screens, etc.
- Sitting, standing, moving about, or walking for occasional or frequent periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, office, and sports equipment
- Kneeling, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching overhead
- Retrieving and storing files and supplies; occasionally carrying and/or lifting light objects
- Campus and general office setting
- Indoor and outdoor environment
- Driving a vehicle (bus, van, auto) occasionally in variable traffic and weather conditions
- Moderately quiet while in the office; moderately loud when in recreation areas
- May be required to work a flex schedule to include evenings and weekends
- Exposure to possible confrontations with students
ETR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and herein reiterates its policy of equal opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, color, religion, marital status, political affiliation or belief, sex age, national origin or veteran status.
- 401K after 3 month
- Competitive Salary
- 2 Weeks vacation within the first year!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefit Options
Status: Full time