MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and prepares lesson plans; administers and corrects tests.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Recommends curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Motivates and counsels students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems, or study habits.
- Coordinates with independent living advisors, counselors, and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Records and forwards daily attendance to Student Records; maintains student personnel folders.
- Models appropriate behaviors, mentors students, and monitors both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- High energy level and ability to engage students
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective instructional strategies, classroom management, and content field
- Ability to quickly learn Job Corps methodologies and strategies
- Ability to use different methods and mediums in delivering course material
- Ability to effectively respond to student issues as they arise
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with emphasis on Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree and active State Teacher Certification.
- One year of teaching experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Reading, writing, and communicating fluently in English
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange information in person or over the telephone
- Seeing to read labels, posters, documents, PC screens, etc.
- Sitting, standing, moving about, or walking for occasional or frequent periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Kneeling, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching overhead
- Retrieving and storing files and supplies; occasionally carrying and/or lifting light objects
- Campus and classroom setting
- Indoor and outdoor environment
ETR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and herein reiterates its policy of equal opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, color, religion, marital status, political affiliation or belief, sex age, national origin, or veteran status.
- 401K after 3 month
- Competitive Salary
- 2 Weeks vacation within the first year!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefit Options
Status: Full time