Landscape Account Manager
Position: Working Account Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Account Manager is the primary point of contact for an assigned book of business. He/She is responsible for overall site quality, achieving enhancement goals and achieving renewal goals.
Must clearly communicate contract specifications to production and works in conjunction with production to perform services in a profitable manner. Account Manager is responsible for the necessary follow-up and follow-through to maintain positive customer relations, to ensure complete customer satisfaction and contract renewals. Suggests and sells non-contracted enhancement maintenance services to meet the needs of property, increase customer satisfaction and grow existing book of business. Account Manager will work closely with management regarding scheduling, quality and customer service. Assure all contracted services provided are of good quality and completed in a timely fashion. Communicate to appropriate parties any problem areas and work to find immediate resolution. This position requires individuals to work outside.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients to ensure an open line of communication.
- Work directly with clients to proactively identify issues and up sale opportunities within their properties. This will often be to enhance the curb appeal of the property. Drainage issues, edging, mulching, pruning, plantings, irrigation improvements, seasonal color, holiday decor, tree care, landscape improvements, etc.
- Manage Client contract process, including yearly renewals.
- Meet with current clients and discuss and document the client's expectations for their property. Additionally, document the customer’s expectation for the finished product by walking the job site personally.
- Develop win-win opportunities for the customer and the company. Proactively manage properties by inspecting and locating problems in the landscape before the customer brings to our attention and then communicate problems to customers. Defines a resolution that is within customer's’ needs and budgetary parameters.
- Maintains a company-owned database of current customers.
- Represents Company at various events, organizations and associations for the purpose of building relationships.
- Maintains positive relations with other companies in the industry and related industries.
- Advises on credits or collections and works with production, customer to get any collection issues resolved for work sold and collecting overdue invoices.
- Presenting accurate and timely Weekly Cash Flow to finance dept.
- Oversees/monitors scheduling of lawn, enhancement crews being done by Managers.
- Responsible for ensuring crews are delivering services to companies’ standards; quality and conducts site inspections and evaluate the services performed.
- Promote high standards for customer service, develop a safety culture, and create a positive team environment.
- Support senior management in holding management accountable for all the rules in the company handbook, including write up warnings, and any other Human Resource issues.
- Be prepared and organized to handle multiple tasks within a given or multiple geographic areas.
- Provides candid feedback on customer relationship and the customer’s perceptions of the product and service being provided, to maximize customer retention.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets in the field, vehicles, shop, field offices and customer work-sites.
- Communicate with Supervisor as needed, daily, if necessary, to ensure budgeted hours and materials are within bid range.
- Review work orders, depending on season, to make sure they are correct and get them to payroll department in a timely matter.
- Preforming in the field duties
- Continuing Education (reading, seminars, licenses, etc.)
- Must be able and willing to work extra hours if needed to meet deadlines, or stay on track due to weather.
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft & Google Drive
- Hold Industry Certifications
- 3-year clean driver’s license
- Lifting at least 50 pounds
- Salary ($/annually or compensation of $ per week)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Assigned Company Vehicle (Company use only)
- Health, dental, and vision available
- Retirement plan with match
Status: Full time,Weekends,Varied shifts