Events have become a key way to gain attention, engage customers, involve the community, and earn additional revenue. But running a successful event can be a challenge.
We have invited Sue Hoxie, past president of the Addison County Chamber and organizer of local events like the Middlebury Maple Run, to provide insights into planning and managing your events. With more than 30 years of event planning and management experience, Sue has worked on a variety of events?everything from trade shows, consumer expos, press conferences, client user conferences, networking and educational events, community fairs to lead generation webinars, annual membership meetings, and athletic competitions.
As a result of this diverse experience, Sue will share insights that will help make your next event a success:
- Does your organization need to host or attend an event? What will you gain from it?
- What questions should you ask during initial planning stages?
- How much will it cost? How do you create a budget? Do you need insurance?
- How do you get people to attend?
- Was it a success? How do you measure success?
- Plus, words to the wise, pitfalls and mishaps over the years