Vermont’s Lake Champlain Coast Wine Trail
Lake Champlain’s deep waters create a micro-climate favorable for growing grapes, apples and other fruit. The long growing season allows high quality fruits to mature, ensuring that Vermont-grown fruit will make the highest quality wine.
Vermont's vineyards, wineries and cideries are producing internationally-award winning wines with cold hardy grapes grown locally such as Frontenac, Lacrescent and St. Croix, as well as from more traditional varieties like Riesling. Our unique climate is also excellent for bee-keeping, apples and berries, and our meads, ciders and fruit wines reflect that. And don’t forget our ice wines, which are made from grapes that freeze on the vines. Vermont wineries are among the handful of producers of this specialty dessert wine in the entire country.
Vermont's Lake Champlain Coast Wine Trail is one of three driving routes that make up the International Champlain Valley Wine Trail. The other two partners are the Adirondack Coast Wine Trail located on the New York side of Lake Champlain and La Route de Vins in Quebec, Canada.
And, please, drive safely!
Boyden Valley Winery and Spirits
- 64 VT Route 104
- Cambridge, VT 05444
- Offerings: Open daily 10 am to 5 pm Red, White, Fruit, Tours, Tasting Room, Hard Cider
Located in a restored 1875 carriage barn on the family farm, Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits crafts international award-winning wines, Vermont Ice wines, hard cider, and cream liqueurs. Join us for tastings (10 am-5 pm daily), free tours (11:30 am & 1 pm), or gourmet cheese plates on the patio (June–September 10 am-4 pm daily).
- 3597 Route 74 West
- Shoreham, VT 05770
- Offerings: 9-6 daily August-November 10-4 daily December-July Tasting Room, Hard Cider, Gift Shop
We are a family owned & ecologically managed orchard overlooking Lake Champlain in Shoreham, Vermont. As one of the oldest continuously operating orchards in Vermont, we take pride in growing over 50 varieties of ecologically grown apples, as well as peaches, pears, plums, cherries, nectarines, and berries.
Charlotte Village Winery
- 3968 Greenbush Road
- Charlotte, VT 05445
- Offerings: Red, White, Fruit, Tasting Room Memorial Day weekend – Nov 1: 11 am – 6 pm Nov 1 – Dec 31: 11 am – 5 pm
Charlotte Village Winery offers in addition to a wide variety of wines a large selection of wine related gifts. We also have a large deck with spectacular views of the Adirondacks, where you can sip wine and enjoy a cheese platter.
Due North Vineyard
- 206 Skunks Misery Road
- Franklin, VT 05457
- Offerings: Red, White, Tasting Room Open: May 31 – October 5: Saturday 3-6pm, Sunday 12-4pm Call ahead for appointments or large parties
We offer estate grown wines, as well as seasonal table grapes from our family owned vineyard. We provide wine by the glass with deck seating and scenic views of Northern Vermont including Lake Carmi.
East Shore Vineyard
- 28 Church Street
- Burlington, VT 05401
- Offerings: Red, White, Tasting Room
East Shore Vineyard is a carefully cultivated 11-acre estate perched on the shores of Lake Champlain. The lake provides a unique micro-climate that is perfect for ripening our cold hardy grape varieties. Our sustainably-grown grapes are carefully blended to create wines that are easy to drink with a refined flavor.
- Winter: Sunday 2 - 6 pm, Monday Closed, Tuesday-Wednesday 12 - 6 pm, Thursday- Saturday 12 - 9 pm
- Summer: Sunday-Tuesday 12 - 6 pm, Wednesday-Saturday 12 - 9 pm
Fresh Tracks Farm Vineyard and Winery
- 4373 VT Route 12
- Berlin, VT 05602
- Offerings: Red, White, Fruit, Tasting Room Wed: 1-8 Thurs: 1-5 Friday: 1-8 Sat and Sun: 11-5 Expanded hours starting in May
Visit Fresh Tracks Farm to taste fine, award-winning wines carefully crafted from grapes grown in our very own vineyard. At our sustainably powered facility you will find a comfortable and welcoming ambiance in which to relax and to relish in the wonders of wine. Just 5 minutes south of Montpelier!
- 856 Hercules Dr, Suite 20
- Colchester, VT 05446
- Offerings: Mead
Groennfell Mead is perfect for craft beverage fans: with light carbonation, single-digit alcohol content, and a dry finish, our meads are smooth and supremely drinkable. All of our products are made from single-source, cold-processed honey to provide an unparalleled flavor. Visit the Meadery for free samples and tours!
- Thursday 2 - 6 pm
- Friday 2 - 7 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
- Closed Sunday - Wednesday
- Check the website for current hours and upcoming events
Hall Home Place Ice Cider
- 4445 Main Street
- Isle La Motte, VT 05463
- Offerings: Fruit, Hard Cider, Tasting Room
Our Cidery is located in Hall’s Orchard of Isle La Motte. The property has been in our family since the late 1700s. In an effort to help keep the orchard in the family and operating successfully, in 2008 we started a seasonal café and in 2009 began producing Ice Cider.
- May 10 – June 22: Saturday & Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
- June 23 – September 1: Daily 11 am – 4 pm
- September 6 – October 12: Saturday & Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
Huntington River Vineyard
- 344 Moody Road
- Huntington, VT 05472
- Offerings: Red, White, Tasting Room By appointment or check website or Facebook for events throughout the year.
Our small, family run vineyard and winery is nestled in the hills of Huntington, Vermont. All our wines come from the grapes grown on our hillsides and we sell out of each varietal yearly. Visiting hours are limited but we welcome you to join us at one of our summer events listed on our website.
Lincoln Peak Vineyard
- 142 River Road
- New Haven, VT 05472
- Offerings: Summer and Fall Daily. Late Fall Wed-Sun. Winter Sat only. Red, Fruit, White, Tasting Room, Gift Shop, Concerts, Vineyard Tours
Named Vermont’s “star wine producer” in American Wine, 2013. The Granstrom family grows 12 acres of grapevines north of Middlebury and makes delicious wines for old and new friends exclusively from their own grapes. Come taste wine, enjoy a glass on the winery porch, and walk around the vineyard.
Neshobe River Winery and Foley Brothers Brewery
- 79 Stone Mill Dam Road
- Brandon, VT 05733
- Offerings: Red, Fruit, Tasting Room
11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Wednesday – Sunday (May 22 to October 31) We’re a small family-run winery and brewery featuring hand crafted specialty wines and beer. On site vineyard and operations facilities. Guests can sit outside and enjoy the views and gardens.
Otter Valley Winery
- 1246 Frankin Street, Route 7
- Brandon, VT 05733
- Offerings: Red, White, Tasting Room, Gift Shop Open daily 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Memorial Day Weekend - Columbus Day Weekend)
Farming grapes is both science and art, with gray areas of interpretation in each, and our goal is to shepherd the fruit to its greatest expression using the tools of both. Combining meticulous wine making practices and talent with a genuine love of the land and support for the Vermont wine community, Otter Valley Winery is capitalizing on the region’s potential to create world - class wines. Our goal is to make high quality wines that reflect the climate, soil and beauty of the state of Vermont. On site 20 vintage Cottages and a gift shop. Come check out the LARGEST wine cask in Vermont right here at Otter Valley Winery!
- 6308 Shelburne Road
- Shelburne, VT 054872
- Offerings: Red, White, Tasting Room May – October: 11 am – 6 pm daily November – April: 11 am – 5 pm daily
Our Vineyard, Winery and Tasting Room, conveniently located on Route 7 in historic Shelburne, are open all year for tasting, tours, and special events. Stop by for a taste, a glass, a bottle or an afternoon, and let us share our adventure making award-winning wines in Vermont’s cold climate.
Snow Farm Vineyard
- 190 West Shore Road
- South Hero, VT 05486
- Offerings: Red, White, Tasting Room
Snow Farm Vineyard began as a dream in 1992. Our location, in the middle of Lake Champlain, permits us to grow cooler climate vinifera grapes, Pinot Noir and Riesling, as well as the more cold hardy French Hybrids, Vidal Blanc and Baco Noir. Snow Farm also produces an award winning ice wine.
- May 1 - Dec. 31: Daily 11 am – 5 pm
- Jan. 1-Apr. 30: Friday-Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
Woodchuck Hard Cider
- 153 Pond Lane
- Middlebury, VT 05753
- Offerings: Hard Cider
Woodchuck® starts with the finest ingredients and locally sourced apples. Our cider-master meticulously oversees every small batch at our Vermont cidery. The result is a high quality handcrafted hard cider.