Annual Vergennes Holiday Stroll on December 3rdBy Sue Hoxie
Vergennes, Vermont – November 22, 2011 – The Addison County Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 7th annual Vergennes Holiday Stroll on Saturday, December 3rd. Events begin at 7:30 a.m. with a pancake breakfast and end at 5 p.m. with the lighting of City Park and Memory Tree.
A few of the event highlights include:
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: 11th Annual Winter Holiday Craft Fair at Vergennes Elementary School
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Bixby Library open house and silent auction of holiday baskets
- 1 to 1:30 p.m.: Maiden Vermont, an a cappella group, at Bixby Library
- 2 to 3 p.m.: Champlain Brass Quintet performs at the Vergennes Opera House
- 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.: Visit Santa in a Winter Wonderland at Vergennes Opera House. Perfect for kids who want to get their picture taken with Santa, listen to Mrs. Claus read stories, make an ornament and decorate cookies. A $5 donation is suggested.
- 5 p.m.: Lighting of City Park and Memory Tree, caroling by Addison County Gospel Choir
There are many other events during the day for young and old. A complete schedule is available at www.addisoncounty.com/holidaystroll
In addition to these events, the Holiday Stroll is the kick-off for a week-long collection of food items for the Community Food Shelf. Several area businesses are collection points for non-perishable food items. Items will be collected between December 3 and 10.
For more information on this event, call 802-388-7951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday Stroll Sponsors
This event would not be possible without the support of the following businesses and organizations: Addison Outfitters, Bixby Library, Boys & Girls Club, City of Vergennes, everyWEAR for EVERYbody, Foote’s Insurance Agency Inc., Kinney Drugs, Linda’s Apparel, Nathaniel Group, Inc., Northlands Job Corps Center, The Custom Image, Vergennes Masonic Lodge, Vergennes Opera House, VUHS Students and Friends of Music.
About Addison County Chamber of Commerce
The Addison County Chamber of Commerce (ACCOC) is an association of individuals representing business interest, working together to promote tourism and commercial business in Addison County. The Chamber can be found on the Web at www.addisoncounty.com.