Annual Vergennes Holiday Stroll on December 4thBy Sue Hoxie
Vergennes, Vermont – November 17, 2010 – The Addison County Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 6th annual Vergennes Holiday Stroll on Saturday, December 4th. Events begin at 7:30 a.m. with a pancake breakfast and wrap up at 5 p.m. with the lighting of City Park and Memory Tree.
A few of the event highlights include:
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: 10th Annual Winter Holiday Craft Fair at Vergennes Elementary School
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Bixby Library open house and silent auction of holiday baskets
- 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.: Champlain Brass Quintet performs at the Vergennes Opera House
- 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.: Visit Santa in a Winter Wonderland at Vergennes Opera House. Perfect for kids who want to get their picture taken with Santa, listen to Mrs. Claus read stories, make an ornament and decorate cookies.
- 5 p.m.: Lighting of City Park and Memory Tree, caroling by Addison County Gospel Choir, New Haven Twilight Tails 4Hers and the audience and Victory Baptist Church Cantata.
There are many other events during the day for young and old. A complete schedule is available at www.addisoncounty.com/holidaystroll
In addition to these events, the Holiday Stroll is the kick-off for a week-long collection of food items for the Community Food Shelf. Several area businesses are collection points for non-perishable food items. Items will be collected between December 4 and 11.
For more information on this event, call 802-388-7951 or email email@example.com
Holiday Stroll Sponsors
This event would not be possible without the support of the following businesses and organizations: Addison County Chamber of Commerce, Addison Outfitters, Bixby Library, Boys & Girls Club, Century 21 Associates-The Lynn Jackson Group, City of Vergennes, Gaines Insurance, Jackman Fuels, Kinney Drugs, Linda’s Apparel, Northlands Job Corps Academy, Vergennes Area Merchants, Vergennes Opera House, VUHS Students and Friends of Music.
About Addison County Chamber of Commerce
The Addison County Chamber of Commerce (ACCOC) is an association of individuals representing business interest, working together to promote tourism and commercial business in Addison County. The Chamber can be found on the Web at www.addisoncounty.com.