Yankee Farm Credit Relocates to Newly-Built Middlebury OfficeBy Sue Hoxie
Middlebury, Vermont – December 15, 2014 – The Addison County Chamber of Commerce congratulates Yankee Farm Credit on the opening of its new office located at 320 Exchange Street, Middlebury. Yankee Farm Credit had been located elsewhere on Exchange Street since 1986. An open house for the public will be held at a later date in January.
Built by Bread Loaf Corporation, a Middlebury-based planning, design, and construction services firm, the new 4,300 square foot building features:
- Daylight harvesting with bi-level LED light fixtures and occupancy sensors
- Perimeter offices are organized around two open office areas allowing future flexibility
- Two large light monitors bring daylight to the open office areas
- Exterior materials were selected for maximum durability
- Local plantings selected to enhance the building’s setting on Exchange Street
- Reduced energy consumption—according to Efficiency Vermont the new building will save an estimated 12,250 kWh of electricity, 210 gallons of propane, and 16,950 pounds of carbon emissions per year
“With double the floor space, the new office can accommodate our growing business services and staff. The driveway was designed for trucks with trailers ease of entry and exit. The construction process went smoothly and was completed on time and on budget,” said Ken Button, senior vice president, Yankee Farm Credit.
About Yankee Farm Credit
Yankee Farm Credit is a farmer-owned cooperative lender and provider of financial services dedicated to serving agriculture and the forest products industry. Serving 1,361 customers in 20 counties: all 14 counties in Vermont; four counties in New Hampshire along the Connecticut River; and two counties in New York bordering Lake Champlain. Middlebury is one of four branch offices. Yankee Farm Credit is part of the national Farm Credit System created by Congress in 1916. The system is a network of cooperative banks and associations dedicated to supporting the credit needs of rural America. On the web at: www.yankeeaca.com.
About Addison County Chamber of Commerce
The Addison County Chamber of Commerce (ACCOC) is an association of individuals representing business interests, working together to promote commercial business and tourism in Addison County.