Vergennes Holiday Stroll: A Community CelebrationBy Sue Hoxie
Saturday, December 6
Vergennes, Vermont – November 18, 2014 – The Vergennes Partnership, a downtown business organization, is hosting the 9th annual Vergennes Holiday Stroll on Saturday, December 6th. Events begin at 7:30 a.m. with a pancake breakfast at the Vergennes Union High School and end at 5 p.m. in Vergennes City Park as the winners of the 1st Annual Gingerbread House Contest are announced.
A few of the event highlights include:
- 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Breakfast with Santa at Vergennes Union High School Cafeteria. $6 adults/$5 kids under 12
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Bixby Library open house and silent auction of holiday baskets
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: 14th Annual Winter Holiday Craft Fair at Vergennes Elementary School
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: 1st Annual Holiday Stroll Gingerbread House Contest
- 10:30 a.m.: Ring in the Holiday Stroll with Santa—from Vergennes Opera House to Bixby Library
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: “Reminiscing with Father Time” at The Clock Shop
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Jon Gailmor, a VT singer/songwriter at Bixby Library
- 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Maiden Vermont, an a cappella group, at Bixby Library
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Champlain Brass Quintet performs at the Vergennes Opera House
- 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Visit Santa & Mrs. Claus in a winter wonderland at Vergennes Opera House. Perfect for kids who want to get their picture taken with Santa (free), make an ornament and decorate cookies.
- 3 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Victory Baptist Choir at Vergennes Opera House
- 4:45 p.m.: SD Ireland’s lighted holiday mixer truck will drive through downtwon
- 5 p.m.: Lighting of City Park and Memory Tree, caroling by Addison County Gospel Choir
There are many other events during the day for young and old. Updates to the schedule will be posted at www.addisoncounty.com/holidaystroll.
In addition to these events, the Holiday Stroll kicks-off a week-long collection of food items for the Vergennes Community Food Shelf. Several area businesses are collection points for non-perishable food items. Items will be collected between December 6th and 13th.
For more information on this event, call Julie Basol: 802 598 7424 or JNB@gmavt.net.