Addison County Chamber Hosting Trip to Cuba in May 2014By Sue Hoxie
Visit Four Cities; Meet Local Cuban People
Middlebury, Vermont – January 28, 2014 – The Addison County Chamber of Commerce (ACCOC) has partnered with Central Holidays West, a tour operator specializing in travel throughout Europe, the Americas and the Middle East since 1972, to offer a trip to Cuba for both members and non-members this coming May. Central Holidays West partners with chambers across the country and has led many such trips.
ACCOC has scheduled the nine-day “Cuba: A Tale of Four Cities” trip for May 24-June 1, 2014. During their time there, tour travelers will start in Miami and visit the Cuban cities of Camaguey, Cienfuegos and Havana. This program provides a full time schedule of activities that result in meaningful exchanges through people-to-people contact.
“The purpose of this once-in-a-lifetime trip is to offer both chamber members and non-members an incredible opportunity to visit Cuba with their fellow business professionals, friends and families,” said Andy Mayer, president. “If you are intrigued by this country so intertwined with our own yet off-limits for the past 54 years, this is your chance. Personally, I am interested in the history, economy, culture and cuisine of course!”
U.S. citizens are allowed to legally travel to Cuba on a People-to-People itinerary that is operated under a license granted by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. People-to-People travel means the trips are educationally based. The trips are not a form of direct tourism or luxury travel. Guests on People-to-People programs will have personal encounters with Cuban locals including artists, teachers, performers, etc. The programs are designed to encourage meaningful interactions between Americans and local Cuban people.
This trip is competitively priced at $3,499 and includes:
- Round trip coach class air transportation from Miami including fuel surcharges and air taxes
- Nine days total: 8 nights at the first class hotels; 1 night in Miami, 2 nights Camaguey, 2 nights Cienfuegos, and 3 nights in Havana.
- 20 included meals: Daily buffet breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners.
- Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach for all transfers and tours
- All Touring People to people discussions, interactions and unusual visits such as: The King Ranch and rodeo, school house visit, visit a Cuban home and family, meetings and visitations with artists, the Cuban Ballet, a Cigar Factory, Bay of Pigs Museum, meet a Cuban baseball player, Hemingway’s Farm, Old Havana and more…
- Visa - Cuban travel visa
- Health insurance - Cuban health insurance
- Pre-paid gratuities for hotel porters, waiters for included meals, all people to people visits, discussions and Interactions.
For more information visit www.addisoncounty.com/cuba or contact Sue Hoxie at email@example.com or 388-7951 x2.
About Addison County Chamber of Commerce
The Addison County Chamber of Commerce (ACCOC) is an association of individuals representing business interests, working together to promote commercial business and tourism in Addison County.