Annual Vergennes Holiday Stroll on December 7thBy Sue Hoxie
Vergennes, Vermont – November 21, 2013 – The Addison County Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 8th annual Vergennes Holiday Stroll on Saturday, December 7th. Events begin at 7:30 a.m. with a pancake breakfast and end at 5 p.m. with the lighting of City Park and Memory Tree.
A few of the event highlights include:
- Breakfast with Santa at Vergennes Union High School Cafeteria
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: 13th Annual Winter Holiday Craft Fair at Vergennes Elementary School
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Bixby Library open house and silent auction of holiday baskets
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: “Reminiscing with Father Time” at The Clock Shop
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jon Gailmor, a VT singer/songwriter at Bixby Library
- 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Maiden Vermont, an a cappella group, at Bixby Library
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Champlain Brass Quintet performs at the Vergennes Opera House
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Visit Santa in a Winter Wonderland at Vergennes Opera House. Perfect for kids who want to get their picture taken with Santa, listen to Mrs. Claus read stories, make an ornament and decorate cookies. A $5 donation per family is suggested.
- 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Victory Baptist Choir at Vergennes Opera House
- 5 p.m.: Lighting of City Park and Memory Tree, caroling by Addison County Gospel Choir
There are many other events during the day for young and old. A complete schedule is available at www.addisoncounty.com/holidaystroll
In addition to these events, the Holiday Stroll kicks-off a week-long collection of food items for the Community Food Shelf. Several area businesses are collection points for non-perishable food items. Items will be collected between December 7th and 14th.
For more information on this event, call 802-388-7951 x1 or email email@example.com
Holiday Stroll Sponsors
This event would not be possible without the support of the following businesses and organizations: Bixby Library, Aubuchon Hardware, Boys & Girls Club of Greater Vergennes, City of Vergennes, The Custom Image, Everywear for Everybody Boutique, Kinney Drugs, Linda’s Apparel & Gifts, Maple Landmark Woodcraft, The Men’s Corner at Linda’s, Northlands Job Corps Center, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Vergennes Masonic Lodge, Vergennes Opera House, Vergennes Partnership, VUHS Students and Friends of Music, and WowToyz.
About Addison County Chamber of Commerce
The Addison County Chamber of Commerce (ACCOC) is an association of individuals representing business interests, working together to promote tourism and commercial business in Addison County.