Training & Education
Addison County Business Education Partnership
The mission of the partnership is to develop and coordinate an education and training system within Addison County by encouraging strong collaboration between education and business. This cooperative effort establishes as a priority for students a commitment to education and training from kindergarten through lifelong learning. Through various boards comprised of educators business and community members partnerships have been formed to enhance education and workforce initiatives in our region.
Check out the programs and services available in Addison County for lifelong learning and employment resources:
- Hannaford Career Center: Provides high quality technical workplace and continuing educational opportunities for the secondary and adult learners of Addison County. The Hannaford Career Center offers twelve technical and six foundational programs during the day. Click here for a list and schedule of technical training programs for adults, generally at night and on weekends.
- Vermont Small Business Development Center: Strengthen existing business entities and assist start-ups with high-quality no-cost counseling and affordable training programs.
- SCORE: Part of the National SCORE Organization, the goal of Champlain Valley SCORE 284 is to help businesses (old and new) get started or grow in Vermont.
- Vermont Department of Labor: Provides services that assist businesses, workers, and job seekers.
- Vermont Association of Business Industry and Rehabilitation: VABIR has been Vermont’s liaison between private sector employment and skilled workers with disabilities and other life barriers.
To view area courses and schedules, click on one of the links below.
- Community College of Vermont
- Hannaford Career Center
- Vermont Adult Learning offers programs for completing a high school diploma, classes for English Language Learners (ELL), preparation and testing for WorkKeys and GED and basic skills instruction in reading, writing, and math. Instruction is also available to students with a GED or diploma who need skill preparation for college or employment purposes. For more information call (802)388-4392 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Vermont Health and Safety Council
Become a Member
Download a paper application, complete and return it with payment information. Or, click on the "Be A Member" button below and complete an online application. You may pay online via credit card or submit payment by mail.